Welcome to Five Course Trivia! Five days a week, we’ll post five questions about something from the culinary world, from soup to nuts and all dishes in between.
NOTE: Next Thursday is Pi Day, and we’ll be having our fourth annual pie post on 5CT. If you have a fun pie question that you’d like to see make it to the website, feel free to send me a question at firstname.lastname@example.org, and if yours is chosen, I’ll put it on the site, citing you. Pie is great!
All right, everyone. After much effort, we are now caught up on all review questions for LL79. During that season, I went 8 for 9, only missing the wort question. I’m genuinely very proud of myself, knowing that my effort into this website has made my knowledge of food better, and I hope you all have enjoyed reading about food facts, despite some hiatuses. I can’t believe I’ve been doing this since January 2016, and I’m looking forward to doing this more. I will keep doing this thing until Paul Hollywood gives me a handshake for my food trivia prowess. That is the ultimate goal.
All right, let’s start recapping LL80. Let’s go to the tape.
LearnedLeague precedent (LL80, MD3) – A classic version of what dessert consists of a sponge cake soaked in liqueur with ice cream on top, all of which is covered in meringue and served immediately after cooking in a hot oven to caramelize the meringue?
Listen, it was tough coming up with a review post for this website. Five Course Trivia has covered ice cream twice, meringue, flambeed foods, Alaskan foods, and Delmonico’s where it was invented. Baked Alaska is a classic type of question, and don’t worry, I got it.
Also, if you’ve ever had flambeed Baked Alaska, please let me know.
Today’s post is dedicated to baked foods, just like baked Alaska. Enjoy!
1. While russet potatoes are the most popular potatoes in the US used for baked potatoes, what potato variety with a regal name is the most popular in the UK? Also, what do British people call baked potatoes?
2. One of the most popular forms of baked ham is what type of ham, where the ham has been salt-cured for 1-3 months before smoking?
3. Of Mexico, Australia, Egypt, or Russia, which country enjoys baked milk, a form of boiled milk where milk is left in a jug in an oven more more than a day?
4. What noodle is used in the baked dish seen here? It’s name comes from the Italian word for “bridegroom”?
5. What does this dog know?
6. Baking soda is a chemical compound that is comprised of what four elements?
1. King Edward, jacket potato
2. Country ham
5. The family recipe of Bush’s Baked Beans
6. Sodium, Hydrogen, Carbon, Oxygen (Sodium bicarbonate, NaHCO3)