Welcome to Five Course Trivia! Five days a week, we’ll post five questions about something from the culinary world, from soup to nuts and all dishes in between.
The season forges on, but we’ve still got some questions to review from last season.
LearnedLeague precedent (LL79, MD16) – Beat 2-3 eggs per person in a large mixing bowl. Add chopped ham or bacon, green pepper and onion to taste. Pour mixture into hot frying pan. Fold to form omelet. These words are engraved on a plaque in the sidewalk near 1565 California Street in what city?
That’s a Denver omelette, and Denver omelettes are good. Wasn’t going to miss that one.
Today’s post is a nice American themed set. I’ll give you a picture of a food that is named for an American city, and you should name the city.
1. Charleston, SC (Charleston red rice)
2. Concord, MA (Concord grape)
3. Chicago, IL (Chicago-style hot dog)
4. Philadelphia, PA (Philadelphia roll)
5. Cincinnati, OH (Cincinnati chili)
6. Nashville, TN (Nashville hot chicken)
7. St. Louis, MO (St. Louis-style pizza)
8. Boston, MA (Boston cream donut)
9. Vidalia, GA (Vidalia onion)
10. New York City, NY (New York strip steak)