Welcome to Five Course Trivia! Five days a week, we’ll post five questions about something from the culinary world, from soup to nuts and all dishes in between.
Hey! We need to update the website. Full time job is full time, but the pursuit of all food knowledge needs to continue. And, we are in the holiday season, so questions about the holidays should be forthcoming. We’ve got some ketchup to do, so let’s get going on some review.
LearnedLeague precedent (LL79, MD4) – The “Croissan’wich” is a breakfast sandwich innovation introduced in 1983 by what fast food restaurant chain?
I don’t think I’ve ever eaten anything from the Burger King breakfast menu, but I knew it was a thing. I’m actually lucky that it came up on Jeopardy, which definitely helped me get over the finish line for it. I definitely more of a McGriddle fan, but I go 1 for 1 for F/D.
Following the trend of Arby’s, McDonald’s, Pizza Hut, and Taco Bell, let’s add one more to the chain restaurant list. Enjoy!
1. The original Burger King opened in Jacksonville in 1953 by restaurant owner Keith Cramer. The original Burger King briefly had a name that began with what five-letter prefix? By 1960, the name was shortened to its current name.
2. Name the food seen here.
3. Of course we will have questions about Burger King ads. Who’s this guy? He was a guy who supposedly had never eaten a Whopper, and if you found him in a restaurant, you won cash. This was the mid-80s, and it was not a successful venture.
4. In 2014, Burger King purchased what restaurant chain headquartered in Oakville, Ontario for $11.4 billion?
5. In 1971, due to a restaurant already called Burger King in the country, entrepreneur Jack Cowin expanded the Burger King brand by calling it Hungry Jack’s in what country? To this day, Burger King is sold exclusively as Hungry Jack’s in this country?
6. In 1999 and 2000, Burger King was forced to have a recall of the toy seen below, which caused danger to young children due to suffocation. In the franchise this toy is associated, what is the eight-letter name for it?
7. What is the name that has been barred out of this photo, as found on their website?
8. The Burger King seems to pop up in a number of odd locations. Name the June 2015 event seen here.
9. Released by Burger King in 2006, “PocketBike Racer”, “Sneak King”, and “Big Bumpin’ ” are names of what?
10. What type of sandwich is seen here?
2. BK Chicken Fries
4. Tim Hortons
7. Whopper Jr.
8. Belmont Stakes
9. Video games