Welcome to Five Course Trivia! Five days a week, we’ll post five questions about something from the culinary world, from soup to nuts and all dishes in between.
Tomorrow is the final day of the season! Good luck with it, and hopefully you land where you want.
Today is the Fourth of July, and that means lots of annual tradition, including watching the Nathan’s Hot Dog Eating Contest. While we find out if Joey or Matt wins, I have some questions for you. I’ve written twelve questions each for Hot Dogs and Hot Dogs 2, so here are twelve more. Happy Fourth!
1. What’s the only MLB team whose home stadium sells more sausages than hot dogs?
2. First sold in Mexico, what alliterative name is given to hot dogs that are bacon wrapped and often fried?
3. Shown here is the logo of what famous Manhattan hot dog location, which Julia Child called the best hot dog in New York?
4. Slightly different than the most common type, the top-loading hot dog bun seen here is named for what region?
5. The character seen here that became an Internet meme in 2017 is associated with what company?
6. Named after its shape, what slang term for hot dog has the initials TS? Not a great question, but apparently this is a thing.
7. Known for its hot dogs, the restaurant seen here is considered the largest drive-in fast food restaurant in the world. Give the name of this restaurant, and name the city where it is found.
8. The Montreal hot dog and the Carolina hot dog are unique as they both feature what ingredient?
9. According to their classic jingle, what brand of hot dogs are enjoyed by both kids who climb on rocks and by kids with chicken pox?
10. Soy meat, which is often used to create vegan hot dogs, is sometimes called by a three-word term abbreviated TVP. What does TVP stand for?
11. The hot dog seen here, which is topped with a chili first created by Macedonian immigrants as well as shredded cheese, is native to what Midwestern city? The chili is also used for spaghetti in the city, and is the signature ingredient of the chains Gold Star Chili and Skyline Chili.
12. What 2011 comedy song’s music video features this scene?
1. Milwaukee Brewers
2. Danger dog
3. Papaya King
4. New England
6. Tube steak
7. The Varsity, Atlanta
9. Armour Hot Dogs
10. Textured vegetable protein
12. “Threw It On The Ground” by The Lonely Island