Welcome to Five Course Trivia! Five days a week, we’ll post five questions about something from the culinary world, from soup to nuts and all dishes in between.
Happy Pi Day everyone! Today’s post is the third annual edition where we ask questions about pie, and I hope you enjoy a slice!
1. Made with chocolate and walnuts, the pie seen here is associated with what annual event?
2. Seen here without its top crust, the Canadian and Midwestern pie made with blueberries, raspberries, blackberries, and strawberries is given what name, which itself is not a real berry?
3. Key limes are one of the three most produced limes commercially in the world. What are the other two varieties of limes?
4. Popular in New Orleans, the lemon pie seen here is named for what type of machine that you might see in a kitchen?
5. Name the custard pie with cinnamon and cloves seen here, rooted in the Amish communities of Illinois and Missouri, whose name is said to be derived from the names of the two plow horses used by the Amish man who first ate it.
1. Kentucky Derby (Derby pie)
2. Bumbleberry pie
3. Persian, Kaffir
4. Icebox (Lemon icebox pie)
5. Bob Andy pie