Welcome to Five Course Trivia! Five days a week, we’ll post five questions about something from the culinary world, from soup to nuts and all dishes in between.
With the season now over, it’s now only Christmas season! I’ll write a post about canola oil in 2018. I ended LL75 going 7 for 8 in the season, with the question about M.F.K. Fisher being the only miss. Of the 7 I got right, 5 of them had been directly asked or mentioned here on the website, so this website once again fulfill its promise. I look forward to a 2018 full of more food questions.
For the next few days (yes even this weekend), I’ll take care of some holiday foods I haven’t written about so far, and today’s entry takes us to hot chocolate. Enjoy!
1. Seen here is a picture that appears the name in the logo of what brand?
2. “The superiority of chocolate, both for health and nourishment, will soon give it the preference over tea and coffee.” This quote is by a famous American, and the samples below are served as his home to show how he liked his hot chocolate when he served it those years ago. What home is this?
3. In Mexican cooking, what whisk seen here is used to froth the hot chocolate, by holding it between your palms and spinning?
4. While in Mexico, what is the name of this Mexican variant of hot chocolate? A atole-based drink, it is made corn dough, corn flour, the sugar panela, and milk, and often served with churros?
5. Name the brand seen here, owned by the Hershey company, that is one letter off from being the name of a swamp planet.
1. Swiss Miss
2. Monticello (the guy was Thomas Jefferson)