Welcome to Five Course Trivia! Five days a week, we’ll post five questions about something from the culinary world, from soup to nuts and all dishes in between.
It’s still Thanksgiving Week here at 5CT, so I’ll take care of some popular Thanksgiving foods all week! (I’ll take care of fondue next week). Today, we head a true perennial favorite with mashed potatoes. Enjoy!
1. You’ll be a victor if you can name the Irish dish seen here, made with mashed potatoes and scallions, which differs from colcannon by not including kale and cabbage.
2. Basically a version of bangers and mash, what nickname is given to the dish of mashed potatoes and sausage seen here, which might describe the sky during a WWI battle?
3. Stamppot, a dish of mashed potatoes and smoked sausage, is a popular traditional dish in which country?
4. Give the brand name edited out of this photo.
5. What word accompanies “mince” in the name of a Scottish dish with minced beef and mashed potatoes?
6. Besides water, what ingredient is used to uninstant a box of instant mashed potatoes?
2. Zeppelins in a fog