Welcome to Five Course Trivia! Five days a week, we’ll post five questions about something from the culinary world, from soup to nuts and all dishes in between.
Today is Day 4 of Holy Week here at Five Course Trivia, since religious foods are keen to come up at trivia. Today, we ask questions about foods in Hinduism. Enjoy!
1. The fire god Agni is typically depicted with seven tongues, which are shown licking what clarified butter, which is sacrificed to him?
2. What name is given to the general term for the sweets created in India, served especially during Hindu holidays? Some varieties of it include barfi, ladoo, mysore pak, and pongal.
3. Made with semolina and stuffed with the cheese-like khoya, name the dumpling similar to samosas, seen here often and enjoyed during Holi.
4. Modak, a sweet dumpling made with a rice flour shell, is the favorite food of what god? On this gods namesake day of ______ Chaturthi, modaks are presented in offering to this god.
5. Nandi is a Hindu god that serves as a companion to Shiva that takes the shape of what holy animal?
5. Bull (cow)