Welcome to Five Course Trivia! Five days a week, we’ll post five questions about something from the culinary world, from soup to nuts and all dishes in between.
Note: You still have a couple days to solve the riddle shown in last Friday’s edition!
On this inaugural day of LL74, the World Wednesday Zille makes its 42nd stop by appearing in Austria! With the hills now alive, let’s see how you do on these questions.
1. This is a traditional Austrian Wiener Schnitzel. What meat is used to make the dish?
2. Often called a national dish, name the dish seen here, a boiled beef cut served with horseradish and apples.
3. Give the nine-letter name of the sausage seen here.
4. Vienna is known worldwide for their coffeehouses. Name this local favorite, a mocha coffee with orange liqueur added and topped with thick whipped cream. It’s named after the woman who served as Archduchess of Austria from 1740 to 1780.
5. A traditional Linzer Torte is filled with the jam of which fruit?
6. Translating as “Emperor’s Mess”, named for Franz Joseph I, name this shredded pancake often served with fruit and a dipping jam.
7. Seen here is a coaster advertising what Austrian beer, a wheat beer that has been produced at its brewery since 1475, although the brand name was created in 1986?
4. Maria Theresa