Welcome to Five Course Trivia! Five days a week, we’ll post five questions about something from the culinary world, from soup to nuts and all dishes in between.
On the 41st stop of the World Wednesday Solbus, we stop in a European country we haven’t already visited: Poland. Can’t say I know a ton of dishes from this part of the world, so I’m glad we are stopping here.
1. Name the dish seen here.
2. The most common soup served in Poland, name the dish seen here, essentially a chicken noodle soup and often served with vegetables?
3. Sernik, a dessert that uses twaróg or quark as its central ingredient, is a popular Polish type of what?
4. Bigos, a stew made with chopped meat, sauerkraut, and cabbage, is also named a stew for what type of person?
5. Shown here is what dish made with cabbage leaves stuffed with minced meat and rice, and served in a tomato sauce?
6. Probably appearing last in most beer encyclopedias, name the beer seen here, named after a town in southern Poland, and is now a subsidiary of Heineken.
4. Hunter’s stew
6. Żywiec Brewery