Welcome to Five Course Trivia! Five days a week, we’ll post five questions about something from the culinary world, from soup to nuts and all dishes in between.
We add to the produce section this Tuesday, as we’ll ask some questions about spinach! Enjoy!
1. A dish that contains spinach is given what name, a word derived from the city home to Catherine de Medici, who apparently loved the vegetable?
2. Chopped spinach, feta cheese, onions, scallions, and seasoning, all found in a phyllo dough, are the main ingredients of what Greek savory pastry?
3. Popular in Pakistan and India, name the leafy dish often made with spinach and mustard leaves, seen here? It’s often eaten with paneer cheese, as I guess a bowl of spinach isn’t appealing enough.
4. The brunch item seen here is named after what American billionaire?
5. A statue of what figure stands in the cities of Crystal City, Texas, and Alma, Arkansas, both which claim to be the “Spinach Capital of the World” thanks to their spinach production, as well as in Chester, Illinois, the birthplace of E.C. Segar?
6. A 100 gram serving of spinach will provide you 460% of your daily serving of which lettered vitamin?
3. Saag (or sag)
4. John D. Rockefeller (these are Oysters Rockefeller)
6. Vitamin K