Welcome to Five Course Trivia! Five days a week, we’ll post five questions about something from the culinary world, from soup to nuts and all dishes in between.
It’s a new week on Five Course Trivia, and while we’re here, let’s ask some more questions about food. In a controversy too dumb to talk about, my crossword friends are discussing raisins and foods that involve dried grapes. So, let’s start the week with some. Enjoy!
1. Similar to raisins, name the dried grape product seen here, especially popular in the UK, where the grapes used are seedless and are usually sweeter than raisins.
2. What two words have been edited out of this image?
3. The California Raisins, the famous product of the now defunct California Raisin Advisory Board, were best known for their performance of what 1968 hit?
4. The food seen here has what four-word name?
5. Especially known for making the grapes shown in Question 1, what European country also called the “Motherland of Grapes” is the largest producer of raisins in the world, beating #2 United States?
6. Lorraine Collett, a model who attended the 1915 Panama-Pacific International Exposition in San Francisco representing the California Associated Raisin Company, was the original face of what company?
7. Chocolate-covered raisins are often sold under what brand name, like by the ones by Nestle?
2. Rum Raisin
3. I Heard It Through the Grapevine
4. Ants on a log