Welcome to Five Course Trivia! Five days a week, we’ll post five questions about something from the culinary world, from soup to nuts and all dishes in between.
To round out this week, here’s a new set of questions about all different kinds of foods. Man, this blog has run for long enough, it’s almost a parody of itself. Enjoy!
1. What dish, whose name comes from the Latin for “cooking pot”, was first written down in the 14th century cookbook Liber de Coquina, or The Book of Cookery?
2. The cupcakes seen here are given what name, similar to a dessert of a different genre?
3. What food is the center of two notable food festivals, the first in Austin, Minnesota (where Hormel is headquartered), and a still-running event with tens of thousands of visitors each spring in Honolulu?
4. In 2017, what famous food saw limited runs of a Fireworks and Peeps varieties, as well as an announcement from Post Cereals to reintroduce a cereal that had previous been discontinued in 2007 based on this food?
5. Name the meat seen here, being panfried.
6. Also called the Hollywood diet, name the low-carb non-commercial diet which was featured the slogan with “10-day, 10-pounds-off diet”, praising the health benefits of a certain citrus product.
7. Name the fish seen here.
8. What do these answers have in common?
2. Rocky road
3. Spam (called the SPAM Jam)
4. Oreo (and their white stuf)
6. Grapefruit diet
7. Red snapper
8. Featured prominently in Weird Al songs, and in the case of #7, in his movie UHF.