Welcome to Five Course Trivia! Five days a week, we’ll post five questions about something from the culinary world, from soup to nuts and all dishes in between.
So, back at LL HQ, I am currently 2 for 8. Right now, it’s seeing if I can stay above that relegation zone. I blame my current streak slightly to hard questions, but definitely to no food questions! C’mon, we’re 2/5 of the way through, and we’ve only had 2 food questions! And one of them was about cattle! I hope my luck will change soon.
Today’s installment will land squarely in the last spot on the alphabetical archive list. Twelve questions about tangential connections to the zodiac! Enjoy.
1. Aries – The meat of a sheep less than a year old is called “lamb”. The meat of an adult sheep is called “mutton”. What name is given to the meat of a juvenile sheep older than one year? The word is a homophone of the name of a famous movie character that kept sheep. Bah ram ewe.
2. Taurus – Although Skittles aren’t involve, the cocktail called a Skittle Bomb is made by using a shot glass of Cointreau and a glass of what other drink?
3. Gemini – In 1959, the twins Jayne and Joan Boyd were twins in a campaign ad for what product, first introduced in 1914?
4. Cancer – Name the appetizers seen here.
5. Leo – Shown here is the logo for what company, founded in Salisbury, North Carolina?
6. Virgo – Which country, by far, produces the most virgin olive oil, creating more than half of the world’s market?
7. Libra – What’s the largest number that appears on a standard grocery store produce scale (you know, the hanging up ones with the silver basket and a large white clock face)?
8. Scorpio – On a certain list, the Trinidad Morgua Scorpion is ranked #2. What’s ranked #1?
9. Sagittarius – What word means both a practice field for archery, notably as a practice field for longbowmen in England, as well as a cut of pork that comes from the upper part of the shoulder from the front leg?
10. Capricorn – Mannish water, a goat soup with vegetables, is a cultural part and supposed aphrodisiac from what country?
11. Aquarius – Name the Asian root vegetable seen here.
12. Pisces – Malaco, a subsidiary of Cloetta, is known for their production of what confectionary?
2. Red Bull
3. Doublemint Gum
4. Crab Rangoon
5. Food Lion
8. Carolina Reaper (hottest peppers in the world)
9. Butt (like Boston butt)
11. Water chestnut
12. Swedish fish