Welcome to Five Course Trivia! Five days a week, we’ll post five questions about something from the culinary world, from soup to nuts and all dishes in between.
It’s an edition on bottled water, and I do ask you try to fill it back up so that it’s not a total waste. Enjoy!
1. Name the official bottled water brand for the Coca-Cola Company. The name apparently means nothing, as it was created by the Coke marketing team, where one exec joked its name evokes a “Roman god of water”, despite that its name is not similar at all to Fontus, Juturna, Neptune, Salacia, Tiberinus, or Volturnus.
2. Shown here is the logo for what non-Dallas Cowboys bottled water brand, a brand of mineral water from Italy currently owned by Nestle and named after the commune where its spring is located. According to legend, Leonardo da Vinci enjoyed the water when he was in its city in 1509.
3. Pluto Water, a brand from French Lick, Indiana, was a brand of bottled water popular in the early 20th century. High in mineral salts, sodium, and magnesium sulfate, it advertised itself with the devil figure shown here, as advertised itself with slogans like “When Nature Won’t, Pluto Will!” and “America’s” what?
4. Viti Levu, an island of around 4000 square feet and of 600,000 people, is the site of the aquifer that provides what water bottle brand’s source?
5. Name the brand of bottled water named for the spa city found on the southern shore of Lake Geneva, across the lake from Lausanne, Switzerland.
6. Give either the three or four letter word that would be found in the pink box in this chart.
2. San Pellegrino
4. Fiji Water (Viti Levu is the largest island of the country, home to its capital Suva)
6. PET or PETE (short for Polyethylene terephthalate)