Welcome to Five Course Trivia! Five days a week, we’ll post five questions about something from the culinary world, from soup to nuts and all dishes in between.
Hey everyone! If you are reading this on May 2nd, then you should head over and play the Eggs 1DS I authored! A dozen questions about eggs, and the foods and drinks they can be found. Nice mix of questions, and if you enjoy this website, I certainly hope you enjoy the quiz.
In a slight tie-in with the quiz, I wanted to write some questions about eggs, but since I don’t want to give anyone any hints on what the right answers will be, here’s a few questions of eggs that have nothing to do with eating them. Enjoy!
1. What kind of event is taking place in this photo?
2. In 1878, which US president initiated the White House Easter Egg Roll, which has been held annually since (except for years which saw wartime shortages). Hint: his wife’s nickname is a drink.
3. Name the game seen here for the Atari 2600 which in 1979 pioneered the idea of Easter eggs being hidden in media.
4. In 2014, what celebrity paid over $80,000 in restitution after egging a neighbor’s mansion? Apparently, this celebrity could have been charged with a felony, as opposed to just a misdemeanor.
5. Name the book this illustration is found in, as well as name the illustrator himself. Besides his legacy as the illustrator of Carroll’s works, this man born in 1820 was also an illustrator for Punch magazine for 50 years.
6. The Faberge egg seen here, made in 1898 and presented to Nicholas II, is named for what flower?
7. What Victorian era artist is best remembered for his paintings “The Traveling Companions” featuring two women in a railway carriage (seen here), and for his oil painting series “Past and Present”?
Obviously, this is not an exhaustive list of eggs in non-food mediums, but I hope you enjoyed this brief general knowledge quiz. Good luck on the 1DS!
1. Egg drop contest
2. Rutherford B. Hayes (with his wife “Lemonade” Lucy Hayes)
4. Justin Bieber
5. Through the Looking-Glass, Sir John Tenniel
6. Lily of the valley
7. Augustus Egg