Welcome to Five Course Trivia! Five days a week, we’ll post five questions about something from the culinary world, from soup to nuts and all dishes in between.
After the wildly successful McDonald’s edition from last year, I think it’s time for a sequel, and I can’t think of anything better than doing Taco Bell. Enjoy!
1. Give the last name of Glen, the man who opened his taco stand in 1951 under the name Taco-Tia. He franchised the restaurant chain in 1962 to PepsiCo.
2. What two-word name is traditionally given to Taco Bell’s value menu?
3. From 2004 to 2014, what Mountain Dew variety was exclusive to Taco Bell, before going national in 2014? The classic cup is shown here.
4. The large float seen here in the middle of the Pacific Ocean was a promotion in 2001 where if this float was hit, everyone in America would receive a free taco. Unfortunately, no one won a taco, as WHAT didn’t hit the float?
5. What’s the famous catchphrase of the animal, named Gidget, seen here?
6. Name the 2017 flop seen here.
7. Name the words that have been edited out of this photo. The first packet is the only one that contains more than one word.
2. Dollar Cravings
3. Baja Blast
4. Mir crash landing (Taco Bell knew there was long odds it would be hit, and they were right)
5. Yo quiero Taco Bell
6. Naked Chicken Chalupa
7. Verde Salsa, Mild, Hot, Fire, Diablo