Welcome to Five Course Trivia! Five days a week, we’ll post five questions about something from the culinary world, from soup to nuts and all dishes in between.
1. Apparently tasting somewhere between a bell pepper and an artichoke, name the food product being prepared here, whose name comes from the shape of the pads from the nopal plant.
2. What ingredient does an Alabama Slammer, Sex on the Beach, and Tequila Sunrise share?
3. What confection was first created in 1897 by dentist William Morrison, and was introduced widely at the 1904 World’s Fair by John C. Wharton under the name “Fairy Floss”?
4. This is a portion of whose logo?
5. Raspberry sauce and vanilla ice cream are ingredients in what dessert, which was first served by Auguste Escoffier after a performance of Lohengrin?
6. Name the candy seen here, better known by its inclusion in a 1892 ballet and an 1837 poem.
7. What do these answers have in common?
1. Cactus paddle
2. Orange juice
3. Cotton candy
4. Outback Steakhouse
5. Peach Melba
6. Sugar plum
7. The first word of each answer is the name of a NCAA football bowl game (Sugar Bowl, e.g.)