Welcome to Five Course Trivia! Five days a week, we’ll post five questions about something from the culinary world, from soup to nuts and all dishes in between.
We had a F/D question a couple of days ago, so let’s review:
Learned League precedent (LL71, MD13) – What Hindi word, adopted into English and very common on menus of Indian restaurants, has much the same meaning as kebab, referring to small chunks of grilled meat (usually)?
I’m not an Indian food person, so what words appear on Indian menus will probably escape me. Didn’t know, so I cleverly put “shish”. I am now 3 for 5 on the season.
So, instead of more foods from India, how about more foods that come on a stick! Enjoy!
1. Often applied to French cuisine, what term describes food that has been grilled and served on skewers?
2. What trendy dessert is this?
3. In 1946, restauranteur Dave Barham created what fast-food chain in Santa Monica, known for its signature item, the corn dog? In case you’ve never been to Socal to try out the corn dogs, the name of the chain is a five-word phrase that PRECISELY describes corn dogs.
4. Name the popular Greek dish that involves grilled skewered meat (often pork), and served with a pita wrap. Its name comes from the Medieval Greek for “skewer”.
5. Name this longtime Nestle product and hopefully blast from your past.
6. Excluding lemon, name the other five flavors that are the original flavors of Tootsie Pops. Bonus points if you can do it without seeing a picture, but (HERE) is a link to a picture of them if the colors help you out.
2. Cake pop
3. Hot Dog on a Stick
6. Raspberry, Orange, Grape, Chocolate, Cherry