Welcome to Five Course Trivia! Five days a week, we’ll post five questions about something from the culinary world, from soup to nuts and all dishes in between.
It’s Thanksgiving week at Five Course Trivia, and we’re going to have Thanksgiving food trivia all week long!
The pièce de résistance of this whole week, the turkey! It was Alexander Hamilton who said “No citizen of the United States should refrain from turkey on Thanksgiving Day”, and it shouldn’t be shocking that like turkeys, he ended up shot. Enjoy!
1. Name the three anatomy parts label here.
2. According to the National Turkey Foundation, what percent of a turkey is white meat?
3. Name this alliterative British food, which came into prominence in 2004 when Jamie Oliver campaigned to have this food removed from British schools.
4. If you call 1-800-288-8372, what company will you have on the phone?
5. Us in the South often deep fry a turkey for Thanksgiving, by putting it in a turkey fryer and using what kind of oil?
6. Name the word that has been obscured by this diagram.
Turns out, turkey isn’t really a part of other dishes. People eat turkey plain. Amen.
1. Snook, Wattle, Caruncles
2. 70% (your mileage may vary)
3. Turkey twizzler
4. Butterball (that’s the Turkey Hotline)
5. Peanut oil