Welcome to Five Course Trivia! Five days a week, we’ll post five questions about something from the culinary world, from soup to nuts and all dishes in between.
It’s Thanksgiving week at Five Course Trivia, and we’re going to have Thanksgiving food trivia all week long!
Today, we hit the sauce by asking some questions about cranberries. Enjoy!
1. Which US state produces 57-60% of the country’s total cranberries?
2. Named after a city that the namesake of Mozart’s Symphony No. 36, name the Austria pastry seen here is a short crust dough flavored with ground almonds, hazelnuts, cinnamon, and lemon zest, and is often filled with cranberries or apricots.
3. Name the cocktail seen here, made with vodka, peach schnapps, orange juice, and cranberry juice, served in a highball glass.
4. According to Wikipedia, the most basic recipe for cranberry sauce is cranberries boiled in what mixture until the berries pop and the mixture thickens?
5. Given the term for the food product below, which is a registered trademark of Ocean Spray.
Tomorrow: The centerpiece of the week, and it’s gotta be turkey.
3. Sex on the Beach
4. Sugar water