Welcome to Five Course Trivia! Five days a week, we’ll post five questions about something from the culinary world, from soup to nuts and all dishes in between.
This week is Guest Week here at FCT, and I’m inviting friends and supporters of the site to craft some of their own questions! Today, we have Hannah Costanzo, a professionally unemployed person from Anderson, South Carolina, and one of my very own referrals. Everything after this point was written by her. Enjoy!
1. This iconic Disney Parks snack can be purchased at Aloha Isle Refreshments, is often served as a float, and is vegan and gluten free. The snack’s name includes the name of the longtime sponsor of the Enchanted Tiki Room attraction.
2. What are these powdered-sugar-covered pastries, strongly associated with the setting of The Princess and the Frog?
3. The Bueno Nacho is the favorite hangout of the characters of what Disney animated show, which ran from 2002 to 2007, the longest-running Disney show until it was surpassed by Phineas and Ferb in 2013?
4. Try this treat, which is cookies-and-creamed flavored and served on top of The Masters’ Cupcake, found at the Beauty and the Beast themed Be Our Guest restaurant at the Magic Kingdom. It’s delicious!
5. What is this invasive fish species, here shown as it is currently being served at the Jungle Navigation Co.’s Skipper Canteen restaurant in the Magic Kingdom. According to the NOAA, this fish, native to the western Pacific Ocean, is thriving in the Caribbean and along the coast from Florida to North Carolina. Apparently it’s delicious once the venomous spines are removed.
6. What food item provided the name for these Playhouse Disney characters? A variant of this food item called the Fool’s Gold Loaf, made by the restaurant Colorado Mine Company, is made with bacon.
Thanks again to Hannah for crafting today’s questions! Stay tuned for our final Guest Week author, with some dessert with Emily Brand.
1. Dole Whip
3. Kim Possible
4. The Grey Stuff
5. Lionfish (or pterios, zebrafish, turkeyfish, or butterfly cod)
6. Peanut butter and jelly sandwich (the show was PB&J Otter)