Welcome to Five Course Trivia! Five days a week, we’ll post five questions about something from the culinary world, from soup to nuts and all dishes in between.
To put the cherry on top of a long LL70, here’s a few questions on cherries. Enjoy!
1. A friend of mine noticed that my name “Chris King” can be anagrammed into the names of two alcoholic drinks, one of those being a brandy distilled from morello cherries. What are those two drinks?
2. Name the variety of sour cherries seen here. Typically grown in Michigan and Wisconsin, they’re named after a suburb of Paris.
3. Peaches, plums, and cherries are all what kind of fruit, also called a stone fruit, where the fruit’s flesh surrounds a pit?
4. Complete this analogy. Coca-Cola : Cherry Coke :: Pepsi : _____.
5. Coming in Royal Ann, Rainier, and Gold varieties, what popular cherry variety is typically stored in a corn syrup solution?
6. No lie, what geographic feature names the cake seen here?
Next Monday: Now that we’re out of LL70, I can tell you about upcoming editions. On Monday, let’s do gum. Enjoy the weekend!
1. Kirsch (which has cherry), gin (which doesn’t)
4. Pepsi Wild Cherry
6. Black Forest