Welcome to Five Course Trivia! Five days a week, we’ll post five questions about something from the culinary world, from soup to nuts and all dishes in between.
Today marks the final day of LL70, and it looks like we are done with food questions for the season. This season I went 3 for 8 on the F/D questions, which is semi-disappointing . Chanterelle, Cassoulet, Kheer, Ham, and Marshmallow were all tough gets, but I would have loved to have gotten them. Well, nothing I can do about it now.
And, despite being in the green zone after MD23, it looks like I’ll be staying in B Rundle for LL71. I’ll end the season with 100+ correct answers, but I figure I’ll need 5 more right next season to confirm a promotion. Ah well. We’ve got the offseason to work on it.
Anyway, in honor of the season ending, I try to complete the Archive’s alphabetical listing with a set about Z foods. Enjoy!
1. The French Zingara sauce, made with white wine, meat glaze, mushrooms, and chopped ham and tongue, is named for and alternatively given what name, named after a certain type of European?
2. The jazzman seen here serves as the logo of what company based in New Orleans?
3. Name the dessert seen here. Made of chilled custard, brandy, ice cream, and toppings like whipped cream or fruit. Its final form resembles is supposed to resemble a dome, like the dome of the Florence Cathedral, or in the same shape of a cardinal’s skullcap.
4. If you buy a bottle of Zico (whose logo is seen here), what product should you expect?
5. Zampone is a dish from Modena, Italy that features a poached pig’s trotter, and is featured in the stew Bollito Misto. What exactly is a pig’s trotter?
Tomorrow: More food trivia! Good luck with the final Match Day!
1. Gypsy sauce
4. Coconut water
5. Its feet (you know, the part that trots)