Welcome to Five Course Trivia! Five days a week, we’ll post five questions about something from the culinary world, from soup to nuts and all dishes in between.
So, in honor of the weekly bar trivia I do each Wednesday night, I’m taking World Wednesday off this week and doing five questions about assorted bars. Enjoy!
1. Also a word that describes a certain type of well, what bar located in the Langham Hotel in London has been named the “World’s Best Bar” for four years in a row by Drinks International?
2. The tourists seen here are entering the Bull & Finch Pub, found on Beacon Street. In what American city would you find this bar (which has been renamed to reflect a more famous use)?
3. Bürgerbräukeller, the noted beer hall where Adolf Hitler started the Beer Hall Putsch in 1923, was located in what city?
4. Established in 1996, what superlative word best describes the Faraday Bar at the Vernadsky Research Station, seen here?
5. Seen here is the interior of what NYC bar, founded in 1854 and the oldest Irish tavern in the city? Notable folk who have visited this bar include Abraham Lincoln, Teddy Roosevelt, Boss Tweed, and Woody Guthrie?
Tomorrow: More food trivia!
2. Boston (now called Cheers Beacon Hill)
4. Southernmost (as it’s found on Antarctica)
5. McSorley’s Old Ale House