Welcome to Five Course Trivia! Five days a week, we’ll post five questions about something from the culinary world, from soup to nuts and all dishes in between.
Guys, LL70 starts this Thursday! The offseason has really flown by! With only a few days left, here’s a gentle reminder that it wouldn’t hurt to look over the 800+ questions that have been asked here on FCT. I guarantee that at least one question this season will be exactly or similar to a question asked here. And of course, I’ll be posting all throughout the season with commentary on the F/D questions and providing insight each day after the questions.
Today, we cover honey, so hopefully it won’t spoil anytime soon. Enjoy!
1. The wooden device seen here is called a honey what? It’s probably more well known as a prop for the Honey Nut Cheerios mascot than it is for drizzling honey by bakers.
2. Traditionally served on Rosh Hashanah, name the Ashkenazi sweet stew seen here, made from carrots or dried fruits, and glazed with honey.
3. Honey Bunches of Oats is a cereal made by which brand, who also produces Grape-Nuts and Alpha-Bits?
4. Balché, Bochet, Chouchen, Midus, Sima, and Tej are all various international types of what honey product? A melomel is a type of of this product that contains fruit.
5. What brand name has been edited out of this delicious photo?
Bonus 6. The honey bee is a member of what biological genus, named after the Latin for “bee”?
Tomorrow: Since it’d be too boring to have them separately, let’s put cabbage and lettuce together.
3. Post Cereal
5. Hillshire Farm