Welcome to Five Course Trivia! Five days a week, we’ll post five questions about something from the culinary world, from soup to nuts and all dishes in between.
Today is both the summer food Friday, and the eve of BahnamanS’s Ice Cream 1DS, so it seemed appropriate to have a sequel to my earlier post Ice Cream, so, enjoy Ice Cream 2!
1. Name this treat.
2. Dippin’ Dots, the “Ice Cream of the Future”, is made by flash freezing ice cream mix with what fluid?
3. The most popular of New Zealand, made of vanilla ice cream with bits of honeycomb toffee, shares its name with what rhyming dance?
4. Give the brand name that has been edited out of this picture.
5.This picture shows only part of a well-known logo. What has been specifically edited out of the photo?
6. Name the dish seen here, whose recipe is accredited to Auguste Escoffier, who probably made the dish for Queen Victoria’s 60 regnal anniversary?
7. What word is added to ice cream flavors to describe when wavy lines of colored flavored syrup run through the ice cream?
8. The ice cream style seen here is named after what occupation, as it was developed by the Whirlpool Corporation for a certain government agency?
9. The ice cream dish known as “flame on the iceberg” in Hong Kong is very similar to what American dish?
Good luck with the 1DS, and have a great weekend!
1. Fudgie the Whale
2. Liquid nitrogen
3. Hokey pokey
5. “31” (which would complete the BR logo of Baskin-Robbins
6. Cherries jubilee
9. Baked Alaska