Welcome to Five Course Trivia! Five days a week, we’ll post five questions about something from the culinary world, from soup to nuts and all dishes in between.
I’ve always been confused by just how many different varieties of chicken dishes there are. There’s just too many. So, here’s a nice quiz. Each of the following dishes is named “Chicken ___”, and given the clue and picture, fill in that blank. Good luck!
1. Casserole usually served with broccoli, almons, and Mornay sauce
2. Made “hunter-style”, with onions, herbs, tomatoes, and bell peppers
3. Boneless breast pounded and rolled around cold garlic butter with herbs, coated with eggs and breadcrumbs, and either baked or fried
4. Diced in a cream sauce, often with sherry, mushrooms, and vegetables, and served over rice or pasta
5. Stately name of fried chicken served with a cream gravy
6. Sautéed in oil with garlic and tomato, garnished with fried eggs and crayfish. Its name comes from a victorious Napoleonic victory of 1800.
7. Braised with wine (usually a red Burgundy), lardons, mushrooms, and garlic.
Tomorrow: To get ready for the Ice Cream 1DS this Saturday, let’s do an Ice Cream 2.
4. a la King
7. au vin (but it helps to translate “chicken” to “coq”)