Welcome to Five Course Trivia! Five days a week, we’ll post five questions about something from the culinary world, from soup to nuts and all dishes in between.
Today’s topic is pretty universal, and I wouldn’t doubt I’ll have to do a sequel soon: the potato. Man, there are a bunch of potato topics. Enjoy!
1. Also referring to a type of apple, what name is given to the America’s most popular potato type, seen below?
2. Name the dish seen here.
3. Beside potatoes, name the two other main vegetables used in vichyssoise.
4. Coming from a traditional French first name, name the cutting technique shown on the fries seen here, where a potato/vegetable is cut into matchstick-like cuts.
5. Cepelinai, made with riced potatoes, sour cream, bacon, and named after its resemblance to a Zeppelin airship, is the national dish of what Eastern European country?
6. The sign seen here would be found in which restaurant chain?
7. Name any year during the seven-year Irish Potato Famine.
Tomorrow: Let’s have fun with some Italian desserts.
3. Leeks, onions
4. Julienne (or allumette)
6. Five Guys