Welcome to Five Course Trivia! Five days a week, we’ll post five questions about something from the culinary world, from soup to nuts and all dishes in between.
We are continuing our Friday summer food series, so it seems appropriate to flip some burgers today! And let it be known, I try to celebrate this summer food all year long. Enjoy!
1. There are fun debates on the Internet where food people debate between the terminology of “mini hamburger” and what (seen below), which is apparently more appropriate when its topped with onions and pickles?
2. Seen in my home state, the Carolina burger is a variant of what type of burger, where coleslaw, chopped onions, and mustard are added to the title ingredient?
3. What word has been blocked out of this screenshot of an international corporate page?
4. Angus beef is made from Angus cattle, which are named after the Scottish county Angus. Outside of the US, what other Scottish county precedes the name Angus in that beef, which also borders Angus county?
5. What question is character actress Clara Peller about to ask into the phone seen here?
6. A standard patty melt contains a hamburger patty, cheese, and what?
Next Monday: I think potatoes would be a fun topic. Until then, have a great weekend!
2. Chili burger
4. Aberdeen (or Aberdeenshire)
5. “Where’s the beef?”
6. (Caramalized) onions