Welcome to Five Course Trivia! Five days a week, we’ll post five questions about something from the culinary world, from soup to nuts and all dishes in between.
Last week’s Guest Week was fantastic, but now you’re stuck with me again. We start out our week with a subject I considered calling “lawn mower fuel”, but is actually about energy drinks, a subject I only have peripheral knowledge of. Good luck!
1. Red Bull partially takes its name from what chemical compound with formula C2H7NO3S, an ingredient seen in many energy drinks? You’ve probably heard something about how Red Bull is made. That’s not true as this ingredient is made synthetically at their production sites, and do not require cattle.
2. While we’re on the subject, Red Bull is based on the drink Krating Daeng, which is made in which Asian country?
3. Guarana, Question #1, caffeine, and wormwood are the main ingredients of what energy drink, first introduced in 2005?
4. After Red Bull and Monster, name the third-most sold energy drink in the US, whose logo has a stylized A and is owned by PepsiCo?
5. The logo of which energy drink is partially seen here?
Tomorrow: We need to have better vision here at FCT. Better take some carrots.
3. Four Loko