Welcome to Five Course Trivia! Five days a week, we’ll post five questions about something from the culinary world, from soup to nuts and all dishes in between.
We continue our Friday summer series with some corn, and some on the cob! Enjoy!
Oh, and before we start, I’d like to announce that next week will be the 2nd FCT Guest Week! Be ready for some amazing guest writers with some fantastic topics. Tell your friend that you buy cookbooks or trivia books for their birthday or Christmas!
1. What are the top three corn-producing states in the country, each producing more than 1.6 billion bushels of corn?
2. Give the brand name that has been edited out of this photo.
3. Seen in Colombia and Venezuela, name the corn pancake that is often eaten with cheese, avocado, or split to make it a sandwich bread.
4. Name the geographic unit highlighted here.
5. What Mexican street food is made by boiling or grilling the corn cob in husk, and is often eaten with condiments including salt, chili powder, or sour cream?
6. Name the three colors on a piece of candy corn in order, from tip to base.
Have a great weekend! We’ll see you next week for Guest Week!
1. Iowa, Illinois, Nebraska
2. Act II
4. Bourbon County, KY
6. White, Orange, Yellow