Welcome to Five Course Trivia! Five days a week, we’ll post five questions about something from the culinary world, from soup to nuts and all dishes in between.
Continuing our summer series, I thought tomatoes would be a good fit. We haven’t done any produce this week, and I’ve always associated tomatoes with this season, but your accounts my vary. Enjoy!
1. What meaty name is given to the largest variety of tomatoes like the ones seen here, which can weigh more than pound?
2. “Family”, “Commercial”, “Mystery”, and “Created” are the four main categories of what which type of tomato, a variety of which can be seen here?
3. According to Campbell’s, tomato is one of the three most popular types of soup produced by the company. Name the other two.
4. Tomato, onion, coriander, serrano peppers, salt, and key lime juice are the main ingredients of what dish, which translates to “beak of the rooster”?
5. Salmorejo, a Spanish soup comprised of tomatoes and bread and can be garnished wish ham or hard-boiled eggs seen here, is a more orange-pink version of what dish which will contain cucumber and garlic instead of bread?
6. What brand name has been edited out of this picture?
Next Monday: I’ll figure something out. Until then, have a great weekend!
3. Chicken Noodle and Cream of Mushroom
4. Pico de gallo