Welcome to Five Course Trivia! Five days a week, we’ll post five questions about something from the culinary world, from soup to nuts and all dishes in between.
Bacon. Do I need to say anything else? Enjoy!
1. Derived from the Italian for “belly”, name the cured meat dish seen here which is made from the same cut used for bacon. Unlike bacon, it is not smoked.
2. Besides being a city in Georgia, macon is a bacon substitute made from what?
3. The British dish seen here, made of chipolatas wrapped in bacon, shares its name with what American dish which does not contain bacon?
4. Name the brand name burger seen here.
5. Zeeuws spek, coming from the province of Zeeland, is a traditional bacon made in which European country?
Learned League precedent (LL50, MD10) – The basic, standard quiche (egg and cream filling in a pastry crust with smoked bacon) is technically a quiche ______, named after the French region where the dish originated. (Fill in the blank)
Tomorrow: World Wednesday stop #20!
3. Pigs in a blanket
4. Wendy’s Baconator