Welcome to Five Course Trivia! Five days a week, we’ll post five questions about something from the culinary world, from soup to nuts and all dishes in between.
Well, there was a food-related question in yesterday’s set, so let’s go to the tape:
Learned League precedent (LL69, MD5) – Actor Chris Pratt was “discovered” while working in Hawaii as a waiter at a theme restaurant, part of an international chain, which is based on a popular 1994 film. Name either the restaurant chain or the film.
And I missed it. Damn. I’m not particularly great at movie LL trivia, but it really does sting to miss one for a movie you HAVE seen. And seen WAY more than once. I put “Planet Hollywood”, in hopes that it was a play off of “Doc Hollywood”, but no dice. Ugh. I should have just thought “Name movies that came out in 1994” and the first one I would have said was Forrest Gump, but I didn’t. Thus, the Bubba Gump Shrimp Co becomes a miss for me.
By the way, apparently both Planet and Doc Hollywood appeared in 1991, so there’s that.
Technically this wasn’t a Food/Drink question, but it certainly involves food trivia, so today’s set is about other themed restaurants. Enjoy!
1. Despite the fact there were dozens and dozens of Planet Hollywood restaurants in the US and around the world not too long ago, only six cities in the world have a Planet Hollywood today, as many closed in the 21st century. The three international cities are Paris, London, and Niagara Falls. Name two of the three American cities that still have one.
2. The picture below shows the inside of what famous Los Angeles restaurant, named after a well known item in Scottish culture? This restaurant was founded in 1922, and was a popular dining spot for Walt Disney.
3. Isaac Tigrett, a co-founder of Hard Rock Cafe, is also a co-founder in what other chain of theme restaurants, also focusing on music? This restaurant chain was founded in 1992 in Harvard Square, where it was opened by Isaac, as well as Dan Aykroyd?
4. What family dinner theater chain founded in 1983 uses this picture as part of its logo?
5. Seen here is the interior of the Animal Kingdom location of what chain, whose first location was in the Mall of America in tropical Minneapolis?
Bonus 6. How many holes are in a triangular Cracker Barrel peg game?
Tomorrow: More food trivia!
1. Las Vegas, New York, Orlando
2. The Tam O’Shanter Inn
3. House of Blues
4. Medieval Times Dinner and Tournament
5. Rainforest Cafe