Welcome to Five Course Trivia! Five days a week, we’ll post five questions about something from the culinary world, from soup to nuts and all dishes in between.
Today, I wrote about the first thing I could think of: marshmallows, and how they stay puffed. Enjoy these questions, and enjoy them with a cup of hot cocoa, despite it being the middle of May.
Also, good luck with today’s LL question!
1. All definitions of marshmallows define them as being made from sugar, water, starch, and what other essential ingredient?
2. The marshmallow goodie seen here is traditionally enjoyed with which brand of soda?
3. Besides marshmallows, name the other two ingredients that make rocky road ice cream. Dreyer and Edy gave the ice cream the name “rocky road” to “give folks something to smile about in the midst of the Great Depression”.
4. Give the brand name that has been edited out of this picture.
5. What hyphenated name are Kraft marshmallows sold under? Bags of these marshmallows are seen with yellow, red, green, and blue stripes.
Bonus 6. I know you know the three mascots for Rice Krispies. My question for you is to tell me the kind of hat each of them wear. Ideally, you should tell me the hat if I told you one of the three characters.
Learned League precedent (LL38, Playoffs #4) – The name of this sandwich, which consists of peanut butter and marshmallow creme and has been proposed as the official state sandwich of Massachusetts, is a registered trademark of Durkee-Mower Inc., the maker of the most popular brand of marshmallow creme. [This question was written in 2008, and it has yet to be made into a official state sandwich today]
Tomorrow: More food trivia!
2. RC Cola (the dessert is a moon pie)
3. Chocolate ice cream, almonds/walnuts
6. Snap wears a chef’s toque, Crackle wears a stocking, Pop wears a conductor/military hat