Welcome to Five Course Trivia! Five days a week, we’ll post five questions about something from the culinary world, from soup to nuts and all dishes in between.
Ok, so I’m back. The last couple of weeks have been riddled with exams and the moving process, and I am now in my new apartment! Also, LL69 starts in a little more than two weeks! I need more food trivia knowledge, or I’ll never make it to that B Rundle!
Anyway, let’s visit a great subject: doughnuts. And here’s a half dozen of questions for you.
1. Name the doughnut-related pastry seen here, made with sweet yeast dough and filled with marmalade or jam. This pastry is closely associated with a quote that history buffs have to explain to folks that the grammar was fine, and that people are just trying to spread a dumb rumor.
2. Also called “Portuguese doughnuts”, seen here are what pastries so popular in Hawaii that Shrove Tuesday is known as this “Day”?
3. Dunkin’ Brands is a holdings company that operates two main restaurants: Dunkin’ Donuts and what other restaurant chain?
4. What ingredient was added to the batter to make these doughnuts?
5. If you are enjoying a sufganiyah doughnut seen here, then you are also probably enjoying what annual occurrence?
Learned League precedent (LL44, MD23) – Timbits is a term common in Canada for a food item that would be called what in the United States?
Tomorrow: Let the sushi roll!
4. Sour cream
LL. Doughnut holes