Welcome to Five Course Trivia! Five days a week, we’ll post five questions about something from the culinary world, from soup to nuts and all dishes in between.
Today, we look at crackers. What a fun topic! Still, this sets Question 1 is one of my favorite trivia questions of all time. It’s just that great. No matter how you do on Questions 2 through 5, the whole day is dedicated to Question 1. Enjoy!
1. Name the word that has been blocked out of this image.
2. How many holes are on a standard Ritz Cracker?
3. The crackers seen here are often served with what food, giving the crackers their name? The shape seen in this picture are more commercial, as other types of these crackers sometimes resemble the food that are eaten with.
4. Name the food inventor seen here.
5. Seen here is what kind of dish, where a sauce that contains shrimp is served on toast or crackers? The dish below is a shrimp and pea variety.
Learned League precedent (LL38, MD8) – What are, traditionally, the three ingredients that make up a s’more?
Tomorrow: World Wednesday, and we are heading back to Europe. Where? Not sure yet.
3. Oyster crackers
4. William Oliver, inventor of the Bath Oliver biscuit/cracker
LL. Marshmallow, chocolate, graham cracker