Welcome to Five Course Trivia! Five days a week, we’ll post five questions about something from the culinary world, from soup to nuts and all dishes in between.
March 14th was of course Pi Day, and since we missed it due to work overload, it looks like we need to cover it now. Five questions about pie, coming your way. Enjoy!
1. As an American, we’re starting this quiz with a question about apple pie. Of course apple pie can be served with ice cream, but what other dairy product is sometimes served with apple pie?
2. Name the dessert seen here, which takes its name from a certain American geological feature.
3. In 2006, which pie was named as the official state dessert of Florida?
4. This is a picture of lemon meringue pie. Speaking of meringue, meringue is essentially a mixture of what two ingredients?
5. Name the British pie seen here, whose names is a portmanteau of two of its central ingredients.
Learned League precedent (Weird Foods 1DS, question 2) – The Turducken is so 2005. Created by pop-culture humorist Charles Phoenix, a new holiday tradition consists of a cherry pie, a pumpkin pie, and an apple pie, each baked into a different flavor of cake and stacked to form an imposing tower. What is this creation called?
Tomorrow: We’re heading back to Asia to pick up some Korean for our twelfth World Wednesday.
1. Cheddar cheese
2. Mississippi mud pie
3. Key lime pie
4. Egg whites and sugar
5. Banoffee (combining banana and toffee)