Welcome to Five Course Trivia! Five days a week, we’ll post five questions about something from the culinary world, from soup to nuts and all dishes in between.
Today, we cover a topic I’ve been avoiding since I’m not a fan, but I guess some of you are.
Well, here’s five questions on salad. (Well, three of them, since two aren’t leafy salads)
1. The salad seen here, which includes olives, hard-boiled eggs, and tuna, is in the style of which namesake European city?
2. The USDA excitedly has exact standards for the creation and distribution of fruit cocktail (or fruit salad). Fill in the fruit that has been deleted in the top row of this table.
3. Created in the Levant, name the salad seen here made with toasted/fried pita, along with mixed greens including radishes and tomatoes.
4. Caprese salad, coming from the island of Capri, is a very simple Italian salad, consisting of a certain sliced fruit, a certain cheese, and a certain herb, and then season with salt and olive oil. Name the three ingredients. As a hint, it should be noted that the colors of the foods will be a major factor.
5. While ingredients like celery, egg, onion, and pickles are often added later, the two main ingredients of a tuna salad are tuna and what?
Learned League precedent (LL44, MD20) – Along with its various meats and cheeses, and namesake bread, what type of salad is an important component of an authentic muffuletta sandwich?
Again, hope your LL68 is going well! I’ll be back with a postgame recap as soon as another food question is asked.
Tomorrow: More food trivia!
1. Nice, France
2. Peaches (also, that amazing document can be find here)
4. Tomatoes, mozzarella, basil (whose red, white, and green look salutes the Italian flag)
LL. Olive salad