Welcome to Five Course Trivia! Five days a week, we’ll post five questions about something from the culinary world, from soup to nuts and all dishes in between.
Today, the best of waking up and staying awake until 11:30 is coffee in your cup. Enjoy!
1. Derived from the French for “half cup”, name the drinkware seen here used to enjoy a cup of espresso.
2. Introduced in 1936, what coffee-flavored liqueur from Mexico is a popular ingredient in White Russians? The other famous coffee-flavored liqueur, Tia Maria, is made from Jamaican coffee beans.
3. Give the brand name that has been edited out of this picture.
4. While Brazil is the world leader in coffee exports, with nearly 6 billion pounds in 2014, what country is the second-largest exporter, with 3.6 billion pounds in 2014?
5. Presented here is a two-piece set. Name the style of coffee that is produced by the instrument on the left, and name the purpose of the instrument on the right.
Learned League precedent (LL52, MD1) – In 1862, an American company named Chase & Sanborn became the first to pack and ship a now common form of what food commodity?
Tomorrow: You’re going to have to use your noodle if you plan on identifying some pasta.
5. French press, milk frother
LL. Coffee, duh