Welcome to Five Course Trivia! Five days a week, we’ll post five questions about something from the culinary world, from soup to nuts and all dishes in between.
Today, the Trivia Enrichment Center is providing cake for all to enjoy! No lie.
1. Also called “checkerboard cake” for obvious reasons, what British sponge cake seen here takes its name from a German town home to Prince Louis, who married the British Princess Victoria in 1884?
2. This French cake which contains almond flour and ground almonds takes its name from an occupation that would use gold bars, the shape of the cake.
3. What snack cake consists of a layer of Genoise sponge cake, a layer of orange flavored jelly, and a coating of chocolate?
4. What Italian dessert translated as “pick me up” made with ladyfingers or savoiardi and often has an espresso flavor?
5. What three colors of colored sugar often appear sprinkled on top of king cake?
Learned League precedent (LL53, MD6) – The dessert known as pound cake takes its name from its traditional preparation, consisting of one pound each of four ingredients. What are those ingredients?
Tomorrow: Come to Chris’s BBBQ. The extra B stands for BYOBB.
3. Jaffa cake
5. Yellow, green, and purple
LL. Butter, eggs, flour, sugar