Welcome to Five Course Trivia! Five days a week, we’ll post five questions about something from the culinary world, from soup to nuts and all dishes in between.
Today, we ask five questions about citrus fruits to help you get over that cold that’s been bothering you. Enjoy!
1. Pictured here is what hybrid fruit, the combination between a grapefruit and a tangerine? Mainly grown in Jamaica, its name comes from a variation on a description of the fruit itself.
2. Popular in Latin America, what dish consists of raw seafood cured in citrus juice, typically lime juice?
3. Tiger tail ice cream, a popular dessert in Canada, is an orange-flavored ice cream with what other flavor?
4. The non-alcoholic drink made from iced tea and lemonade is named after a man in what profession?
5. Name the kitchen gadget pictured here, as seen on the Williams-Sonoma website. [Message to W-S: I will plug other products if you sponsor me!]
Learned League precedent (LL59, MD3) – The murcott, fallglo, and ponkan are all varieties of what fruit, itself named after a North African port city?
Tomorrow: Say aloha to our fourth World Wednesday takes us to the 50th state for a luau!
3. Black licorice
4. Golfer (the drink is an “Arnold Palmer”)
5. Citrus zester